Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

As usual, lagging behind!

Wow...the past 2 weeks have flown by.  I can not believe that its time for Thanksgiving already.  So much has happened in the past 2 weeks.  Here is a short recap.  Pictures to come over the Thanksgiving break hopefully.

Nutcracker Market-
Oh what fun that was.  We had quite the crowd this year.  Myself, along with mom, Jill, Marney, Pam, Diane, Alyce, Monica, Kristen and Joan all met up at the Market on Friday morning for a fun filled day of shopping.  Mom, Jill, Marney and I did not leave until 6pm!  Needless to say, we had a great time and did alot of damage.  It was so wonderful to spend some time with Jill.  Hopefully we can make it a yearly tradition now.

Hanging out with Jill and Kailyn-
Jill and Kailyn were in town the whole weekend of the Nutcracker Market, so on Sunday they came over to hang out.  Megan was in visiting as well, so we had a fun Sunday morning.  Much to my surprise, Jill had Megan make the girls matching Christmas dresses.  They are adorable!  Yes we are dorks and like to dress the girls the same when they are together.  They are only 6 weeks apart so its so much fun.  They were both drama queens as usual so picture taking was a bit difficult until we headed outside.  Once outside, in the freezing cold and slight rain mind you, they were happy as clams!  They ran and played with Chris.  They ended the day holding hands walking along the sidewalk.  I love that the girls are so close in age and hope that we can continue to have fun vacations together so they can grow up to become good friends and college roommates at Texas A&M!!  Whoop!  We did miss Mark and Luke during their visit, but they were enjoying a boys weekend in Illinois.

2nd week at the new school-
Well, Katelyn finished her 2nd week at her new school.  While its still extrememly difficult to drop her off every morning, its getting a bit easier.  We are trying to stick to a strict schedule to make it easier on her.  She does great after we leave which is good news for us.  She is also taking to the new schedule and menu.  When I pick her up, shes all smiles and so excited to see me.  Shes typically worn out from the fun day and is starting to go to bed slightly earlier than usual.  Guess thats a good thing.  We are hoping things continue to get better and that we have found a long term place for her to stay.

Aggie Football-
How about the Aggies football team?  Wow...what a turn around they have made.  Since the games have been on tv, we have made it a point to watch.  Some nerve wracking games, but they seem to be finding the wins lately.  This past weekend, we were excited to watch them play Nebraska.  Both Chris and I remember our freshman year at A&M and watching A&M beat Nebraska (then ranked no. 1 or something like that) in the first Maroon Out game.  It was great to see them pull out another win and to see the Wrecking Crew make an appearance again.  We do love our Aggies and we love them even more when they are winning.  We are very excited to watch them play t.u. on Thanksgiving Day.

Babysitting and sickness-
On Saturday we offered to babysit for Chris' boss.  Erin is 3mo already.  Wow how time flies.  Jason and Diane had a dinner to go to, so we headed over that way in the early evening.  Shortly after arriving and before Jason and Diane left, Katelyn got sick and threw up all over their wood/tile floor.  My poor princess.  I felt so bad for her and for the mess she had just made.  We got everything cleaned up and thought it was over.  No fever, acting normal, etc.  Not to much later here it came again.  After than, she was good.  We thought she just had too much Icee at Target (yes we are terrible parents and got her an icee, what can I say).  Since she seemed to be ok, we sent Jason and Diane on their way.  They had a great time at the dinner and Chris and I enjoyed the Aggie game after both of the girls were peacefully asleep.  I was hoping that was the end to the sickness, but nope.  Sunday morning, I had it.  Yuck!  After a rough morning and a nap, I decided Chris needed to come home (he was working).  I was able to rest the remainder of the day and am finally feeling better today.  Lets hop it stays that way.  Unfortunately Jill called this morning to tell me that Kailyn had it bad last night and is still trying to recover today.  Poor Kailyn.  I hope for their sake, the rest of the family doesnt get it.  I do not wish the stomach bug on anyone! 

Thanksgiving-
Yahoo...its finally here!  I am super excited about Thanksgiving this year.  We are headed to Austin to spend Thanksgiving with my mom and Mark as well as Aunt Judy and the girls, and Jenny (Mark's oldest daughter).  We are supposed to head there this evening.  This year we get an extra special treat.  Trish and family are in town visiting Brad's parents!  We are so excited to see Trish and Thomas Wednesday evening for dinner and the whole family Thursday morning for breakfast.  We just saw them in October, but we never miss a chance to visit with the Staats family since we rarely get to see them and they are so special to us.

Well, I think that gets us up to date.  Pictures to come soon...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment