Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, November 5, 2010

Falling behind

I got all caught up with my blogging last week and then Halloween, a sick kiddo, and a hurt dog came and slowed the progress!  Not to mention that my computer has been acting up and HATES when I try to get into the blog.  So, I am taking a few min of time from work to post a few update.  Pictures will  have to come later since they are all at home.

Halloween was lots of fun this year.  On Friday, Katelyn and I headed to her new school for their Halloween trick or treat parade and party.  It took her some time to warm up, but she had a great time.  On Sunday, Katelyn and I headed to the pumpkin patch in the afternoon to check out all of the pumpkins and maybe try and get some great pictures.  She wanted nothing to do with the picture taking, but loved running in the sand and climbing on the pallets the pumpkins were on.  I did get a few cute pictures, so I cant complain much.  Later it was candy time!  We decided against taking Katelyn trick-or-treating this year and instead let her hand out candy at home.  So, as soon as it started to get dark we put her in the adorable pumpkin costume and headed outside with the candy!  She had a blast watching all of the kids.  In between trick or treaters, she entertained herself by digging in the candy bowl and moving it from the big bowl to her pumpkin and back!  She also helped herself to some of the treats and was none to happy when we would not give her anymore.  Guess we have a candy eater on our hands.

On Monday, Katelyn started at her new school.  We chose Kids R Kids which is very close to the house.  It was a tough decision and it took us a long time, but we made it.  I hope this school becomes a place that we all love and where Katelyn can stay up to kindergarden.  Anyways, back to her 1st day.  I dropped her off and hung around for a few min to make sure she got somewhat settled in.  She seemed to be doing great, so I snuck out when she wasnt looking.  Later that day at work, I logged on to the website and was able to see her enjoying her afternoon snack and playing.  I was much relieved that things seemed to be looking up.  That was until 4:30 when they called and said that she had a fever and would need to be picked up.  Dang it...not even 1 day and shes already sick.  Thankfully, I was already on the road headed that direction.  She spent the next 3 days at home with Patsy (thank goodness for a wonderful mother in law living so close) getting better.  Today was her 2nd first day and so far so good.

On top of all that, Haley had to go to the vet which is an ordeal.  On Friday evening, she was playing ball in the yard with Chris and hurt her paw.  She does this often so we were hoping it would get better quickly like the previous times.  Apparently not.  She was still limping on Monday, so off to the vet she went.  I dropped her off before taking Katelyn to school and waited to hear back.  Alot of money, meds, and xrays later, the vet "thinks" its arthritis thats just not showing up on the xrays.  So, she has to take a joint supplement everyday for a while as well as some anti-inflamatory meds.  We are hoping this along with a strick diet will help.  Only time will tell.

So this weekend will involve a little relaxing, an office shrimp boil (for my office), and maybe some shopping.  Next week can not come soon enough.  Its Nutcracker Market time and this year is going to be so much fun.  My mom, Megan and Jill will all be in town for the Market this year.  Talk about a fun ladies day!  I am so excited I can barely stand it.  1 week from today and we are off to enjoy ladies day and shopping!!

1 comment: