After a good nights sleep, we were up and ready for Day 2 and In-N-Out Burger, the Birch Aquarium, Torrey Pines, watching the paragliding and some more downtown sightseeing.
First and foremost, In-N-Out Burger is great! It was packed, but they move very quickly since there are only 4 things to pick from.
After a great burger, it was off to see the fish. The aquarium is small, but packed with lots to see. Katelyn loved looking at the fish and playing with the racing boats. The view from the outside deck at the aquarium was amazing. On the deck, they had tide pools with lots of interesting things to touch and explore. The only rule was you could only touch with 2 fingers. Katelyn apparently was not informed of that rule and reached right in and pulled out a star fish!
On the way home from the aquarium, we stopped at some cliffs where parasgliding is very popular. My dad can actually see it from his office...that and the 14th green of Torrey Pines (rough view, I know). The cliffs were amazing! They have a little cafe type place and some picnic tables set up for people to come and watch. I think it would be so fun to try that (with someone experienced of course).
Then, per Chris' request, we headed to Torrey Pines. Its a golf course for those who don't know. I guess they play professional tournaments there (Tiger Woods, etc.) I will admit, its beautiful. Chris was loving it, so that made the stop worth it!
Once we ventured back into downtown, Chris, Katelyn and I headed out for a little sightseeing. We walked down along the water to check out the Midway, the marina, and the fish market. There is so much to do and see in San Diego. I felt like we found something new everytime we left the house.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment