The drag strip in Baytown also has a round dirt track. They run sprint cars (and maybe others) there on occasion. This past Saturday they had a sprint car race and gave free tickets to the drag racers. Since I have never been, Chris and I headed over for an impromptu date night while Katelyn played with Granny and Grandpa.
We got over there before the race started so we had some time to do some people watching. Boy oh boy was there some great people watching to be had! That was enough to make the whole night worth it. The racing was pretty cool too. Those cars are crazy!! What was not so fun...be covered in dirt. Yes, its a dirt track and as the cars race, they fling dirt into the stands constantly. Towards the end of the race, during a caution, we went down by the fence. Me, thinking Chris would not be mean and get me dirty (although I was filthy already) followed him to the fence. After the caution was over and the racing started again, the mud was flying. I screamed like a girl and ducked behind him while he just laughed it up. URRRR! You would think that I would have learned my lesson, but I guess now. Anywho, I am glad that we took advantage of the opportunity and I would go back!
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment