Katelyn has been taking dance lessons since about September at school. She has class every Friday morning. The fall semester was ballet and hip hop (K's favorite). At the end of each semester they put on a show. I was so excited to see what she had been working on all year long! She had a large audience of Mama, Daddy, Granny, Grandpa and Nana! As usual, I was thrilled to the bone and expecting great things for my little dancer and what did she do...stood there! Yep, thats right, she stood there. Not one dance move in either form of dance. I do have to applaud her though. She stood at the front with all of her friends and did not throw a fit to come stand with us. Guess I should take the small victories and be happy! She is still in dance and this semester is Tap and Jazz. We just purchased her tap shoes this past weekend and she was more than happy to show off some dancing skills at academy while trying them on. I can't wait for the spring recital!!
After the recital, we joined her class for their Christmas Party. I had so much fun making treats for her friends and teachers this year. We all enjoyed watching Katelyn help her teachers hand out lunch and drinks. Apparently she is quite the helper in classes and loves to clean up. Oh yes, the other kids were playing and where was my Katelyn? Cleaning up!! She had fun regardless. After some parachute time, it was time for nap for the other kids and time to head home for Katelyn. After my Thanksgiving experience, I was not about to try and leave her there after spending basically the entire morning with her. No way jose! So, off to the house we went. Katelyn took a nice long nap and I started on all things Christmas. It was a great day.
Monday, January 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment