Merry Christmas!! We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Although the weather was terrible, we had a very relaxing Christmas day with Jim and Patsy.
Katelyn woke up ready to check things out. First stop...the cookies, milk and carrots we left for Santa and the reindeer. She was not so much shocked that the food was gone, but annoyed at the mess they left. She immediately starting pick it up. She was none to happy with that mess in her living room. After the mess was cleaned up, we got her all dressed up in her rain coat and boots for the big surprise in the back yard. She was a hot mess, but it was Christmas. So off we went outside with camera's, Nana on facetime on my computer Papa on facetime on Chris' ipad. Technology is awesome sometimes and Christmas day was one of those times for us. Nana and Papa were both able to see the huge smiles on Katelyn's face as she played on her swing set for the first time and the only thing that could have been better would have been if they were there in person! Katelyn's first trip down her slided landed her smack on her bottom in the wet, muddy grass. She was not please and was ready to go change. We were able to convince her it was ok and she stayed to play a little more. Once we were all frozen, we headed inside to open presents. Katelyn was thrilled with her box of paper and stickers and her tool bag from Granny and Grandpa. I think she sat with Jim on the sofa for at least 30min just cutting up the flagging tape he put in her tool bag. And the stickers....she happily shared them with all of us and I am still finding them in the washing machine, her bed and everywhere else. Its all worth it though to see the smiles on her face. Chris and I got some awesome things as well.
By the time noon came around, Katelyn was ready for a long nap and the adults were ready for a snack and to get dinner started. Me, being the great chef that I am decided I was going to let Chris and Jim go outside to work on the racecar while I started to prepare dinner with Patsy. HAHA! I should have left the cooking up to the experts. While using a new knife (a Christmas gift from Chris) I tried to chop off the tip of my finger. Good god that hurt! Needless to say, that pretty much ended the boys time outside as I was now down to 1 hand so they had to come finish cooking. I think Chris will think long and hard before purchasing another knife for me! After all of the excitement, we enjoyed a wonderful prime rib dinner (Katelyn actually ate a little bit of everything as well...yay!!) and some homemade desserts.
I can only hope that we have many more Christmas' like this in our future!
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment