Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 25, 2011

Go Texan Day!

When you move to Houston, you learn about 1 thing very quickly...the Rodeo!  Having never been to a rodeo before, Chris took me the first year I lived here and it was awesome!  I had so much fun.  There is a carnival, tons of food, livestock shows, a little craft show, concerts and an actual rodeo!  Also part of the fun is a BBQ cookoff the Friday and Saturday before the rodeo starts.  Thats more for adults, but is tons of fun as well.  The Friday of the cookoff is "Go Texan Day" in the Houston area in support of the Trail Rides making their way into town.  Most of the schools and companies encourage participation in dressing to support "Go Texan Day".  Katelyn's school was very excited and I was very excited to participate this year.  This is the first year that Katelyn and I have owned boots to wear!  So, this morning we got dressed up in our boots and off we went.  Sorry...no pictures of me, but here is my adorable princess sporting her best "Go Texan" attire!




Notice the cookie she is holding?  Yes it was 7:45am in the morning.  I had to bribe her with a cookie  to get her to wear her boots.  It worked and she wore them until after nap time at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment