Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 29, 2011

2 to choose from....A Parent's Promise

Promise 1:
I promise to love you-unconditionally
I promise to protect you-for your pain hurts me more than my own
I promise to guard and to guide you-materially, mentally and morally
I promise to foster soundness and strength-in your health, your head and your heart
I promise to catch you doing things right and let you do things your way no matter how messy or or asymmetrical
I promise to applaud your accomplishments-whether they be anonymous for nobody's eyes, or world famous for the Nobel Prize
I promise to be a good example always-for there's no telling what act ot attribute you might emulate
I promise to be honest, open and direct
I promise to be a pillar of courage and a pillow of comfort
I promise to explore the world with you, explain the world to you, and expect the world of you
I promise to be a fortress in which you can hide, a friend in whom you can confide, and a parent in whose heart you'll find love and in whose eyes you find pride.
 
Promise 2:
I am not your friend.
I am your parent.
Will stalk you,
Flip out on you,
Lecture you,
Drive you insane,
Be your worst nightmare,
And hunt you down when needed.
Because I love you.
When you understand that,
I will know you're a responsible adult.
You will never find someone who loves, prays, cares, and worries about you more than me.
This is my promise to you!

Amazing how they can be so different yet both be so true!  I tend to like the 2nd one better as its so very true and its something that, in my opinion, so many people forget when they become parents.  They are parents, not friends.  There is a fine line that many do not see or choose to ignore.  I have been blessed with amazing parents who I now consider both parents and friends.  I can only one day hope that Katelyn feels the same about Chris and I.





No comments:

Post a Comment