Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Catch up time...Practice run

Catch up time!!

The Saturday before our vacation Chris and I got a practice run at having 2 kiddos!  Jason's birthday the following Tuesday and Diane wanted to take him out for a nice birthday dinner.  They were headed to one of our favoirtes, Killen's, in Pearland, so we offered to watch the tike!  Since I am starting to get baby fever again, I was so excited to have another little one around.  Though kinda hesitant at first, Erin warmed up quickly.  She was terrified of Haley at first, but by the end of the night, she had relaxed a little and would let Haley walk by without screaming.  She joined us for dinner (her second...haha).  Katelyn was such a big girl and sat in her chair at the table with us while I held Erin in my lap.  She did ask to sit with mama a couple of times, but I was able to talk her into staying put and showing me how she is a big girl.  I have to admit, I love that I can now use that line sometimes.  Its becoming more and more popular in our house!  After dinner, Katelyn and Erin played.  Which really meant Erin played and Katelyn kept trying to give Erin Mr. Buns (Erin's bunny/blanket) and her sippy cup.  She also had a little tea party with Erin.  It was so cute to see them interact together.  Since Katelyn didn't have a nap on Saturday, it was off to bed for her pretty quickly after dinner.  She was less than pleased.  When I gave Chris the option of bed/bath with Katelyn or bottle time with Erin, he smiled and looked at Erin all snuggled up in his lap and said, "I'm good here".  Such a sucker for a snuggly little girl.  It wasn't too long before Jason and Diane were back.  As payment, althought none was needed or expected, they brought us some of the yummy mac-n-cheese and bread pudding from Killen's.  I think the mac-n-cheese lasted about 10min before Chris and I devoured it.  Its soooo good.   Needless to say, we had lots of fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment