Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 8- So sad its time to go!

Saturday came so quickly!  I feel like we were in San Diego for so long, yet there was still so much to do.  Guess that means we have to go back.  Since we had an afternoon flight, we got up early and headed to La Jolla for a few more adventures.  Our first stop, dad's office.  They are doing some amazing things there and have an amazing place to work.  Since he's doing different work these days, it was good to catch up on whats going on with his job.  From there, we headed to the Children's Pool.  This is an area that was created as a place for kids to play on the beach.  Apparently the sea lions and seals loved it, they started taking over.  While it is still a public beach, the marine life typically covers most of it.  The day we were there, the marine life was mostly in the water, but they were there!  We got to see some sea lions playing in the waves and some colorful fish.  Even though I have heard its pretty stinky, I think it would be so fun to see the beach covered with sea lions and/or seals.  There is just something so neat about seeing marine life in their natural habitat.

After seeing all the sea life, we went for a brunch just up the road.  It was very tasty.  The pancakes they made for Katelyn were out of this world good.  They tasted like they had a hint of orange. 

From there, it was off to the airport.  So sad to leave because we had such a great time.  San Diego is amazing.  There is so much to do and the weather (yes I know, I have said it a million times) is perfect!!















No comments:

Post a Comment