After a fantastic Mother's Day weekend, it was back to racing. Unfortunately work kept me from going to most, I was thrilled to go to the San Antonio race Memorial Day weekend. Chris and Katelyn were able to go with Jim & Patsy on Friday morning and I followed Friday evening. It was supposed to be a much needed break. Boy was I wrong...well kinda. I arrived at the track shortly after Chris' second time trial. He met me at the gate and asked if I wanted to turn around right then or get Katelyn and then head home. Confused, I asked what the problem was. "Well", he said. "I blew up the motor". WHAT? Yes, I asked again to make sure I heard him right. Sure enough, during the 2nd time trial, he blew up the motor, abruptly ending his racing temporarily. Everyone was disappointed. So, I drove 2.5hrs to arrive just in time to help pack things up. It was fantastic to say the least.
On a brighter note, since we were already over half way to Austin and we had a 3 day weekend, we headed to Austin for the weekend! We had a great weekend relaxing in Austin...well most of us. Our little talking parrot (i.e. Katelyn) found it necessary to remind Chris all weekend what happened to the racecar. Needless to say, he was thrilled when she found something else to dwell on.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment