You would think we would have been worn out by Monday, but nope! We are young...haha! Monday morning we headed to the mall. We have not been to traditional mall in forever. I now remember why...haha! Since it was the 4th of July, it was not crowded which was great. Chris did some shopping while mom and I entertained the princess. After a hour or so, the princess was done shopping (I sure do hope she grows into this whole shopping thing eventually), so Nana found the cool kids play store. Yes, in the mall there is an inflatable wonderland just for the kids! They have tons of bouncy things, a play area, a food court, etc. Its very inexpensive to get in and Katelyn had the best time. Its really a great idea and more malls should have something similar. After a quick snack, we were off again. This time to the carousel. She had never ridden on one before, so we gave it a try. Needless to say she LOVED it!! We rode once while daddy was shopping. Once he was done, she begged to ride again. Yep, "daddy, I ride again" was all it took. She even took the money from him to pay! This time he was able to ride with her. I think he enjoyed it as much as she did.
After another long shopping day, it was time to head home. We made it back to Pearland just in time for the fireworks. Oh thank heavens because its just not a 4th of July without fireworks! We drove down the street from our neighborhood and joined others in the Lowes parking lot. While Chris wrangled with Haley (she's terrified of fireworks...and thunder), Katelyn and I enjoyed the show. It wasn't long before Katelyn was pointing and telling her daddy to "ook" at the fireworks. It was a nice ending to a great weekend.
Friday, July 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment